You are walking down a street you don’t recognize, the fog slowing your pace to a crawl as darkness blinds you. You pause and look up to see a house; candles flicker in every window, like a beacon. Climbing the few steps to the front door, you realize many years have passed since it was last opened – it has been sealed with rust and purpose. Inexplicably, just as you know the candles are for you, you know someone waits inside.
Someone who has remained in that house since before the iron began to rust. They have been patient. Waiting for over two decades. Waiting for you.
True Fear: Forsaken Souls takes the best of the psychological thriller, blending in fun and intuitive gameplay mechanics. The cinematics, puzzles and hidden object phases have been carefully developed and are steeped in a unique and oppressive atmosphere. Episode 1, the first in a trilogy, will long be remembered.
An intense adventure brimming with psychological suspense in a story filled with diabolical twists and turns;
A compelling storyline with action-packed gameplay! Follow the clues, find evidence and solve the mysteries to uncover more about your sister’s past… and your own!;
Choose your adventure! Play with or without the hidden object scenes: it’s up to you!;
Unique cinematography! Astonishing cinematic sequences lead you ever deeper into the oppressive atmosphere;
Includes the bonuses from the Collector’s version of True Fear: Forsaken Soul: an additional level, the strategy guide, wallpapers and extra cut-scenes;
Full gamepad support.
This is the ultimate edition of the game and as such the Steam release has a few new and unique features in addition to all the features of the Collector’s Edition:
– All hidden object scenes have been redone – made darker and more logical to suit the game’s atmosphere better.
– An options allows you to forgo hidden object scenes altogether and play all new actions scenes instead.
– The game features a couple of original uncensored scenes, one of the earlier, uncensored versions of the Intro and a new puzzle.
– A full gamepad support has been specifically tailored to the game.
– Finally, the game features the whole set of Steam Assets – 6 Emoticons, 5 Trading Cards, 5 Profile Backgrounds, 5 Badges, 1 Foil Badge and supports both the Steam Achievements and Steam Cloud Saves.
While the game hardly has enough new features to warrant purchasing it again, we wanted to thank those, who will, by including in this release a link towards the playable demo of the sequel. Since September, Steam only takes into account reviews posted by people who have purchased the game and on Steam reviews are very important.
The link to the demo will become active on October 31st. The same demo will become publically available a few weeks later.
Minimum System Requirements:
OS: Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10
CPU: 1.6 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
Hard Drive: 1.99 GB