The year is 1849, and gold has just been discovered in California. You decide to head out west, to seek fame and wealth in the approaching Gold Rush.
Will you strike gold and become an overnight mining magnate? Or will you build your fortune bit by bit by supplying 49ers with pickaxes and blue jeans?
1849 is a city management game set during the California Gold Rush. Your task is to build towns, populate them with workers, and make sure that they are housed, fed, and entertained. You’ll have to manage and coordinate extensive production and trade networks to make sure your towns thrive.
The Game Includes:
• A campaign mode that traces the development of the Gold Rush from mining camps to bustling cities. Each city scenario presents players with unique starting conditions, victory goals, and obstacle events.
• Sandbox mode with a procedurally-generated map for your location, based on geography (from the Pacific coast to the Sierra Nevada mountains), precipitation, resource availability, and starting lot size.
• Vivid old west towns with buildings lining the streets directly inspired by California’s Gold Country.
• Over 50 resources that players can dig up, farm, refine or manufacture as they build complex towns and cities.
• Developed by SomaSim, a new studio dedicated to producing deep simulation games for today’s players
Minimum System Requirements:
OS: Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista
Processor: Pentium 4 or better
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Storage: 75 MB available space